- This event has passed.
Building Native Communities: Financial Empowerment for Teens & Young Adults
December 5, 2022 @ 9:30 am - December 9, 2022 @ 2:00 pm PST
Join the Oweesta team virtually next week, December 5-9, 2022, for the next train-the-trainer event. The training is made free thanks to generous support from the Wells Fargo Foundation. This training on the Building Native Communities: Financial Empowerment for Teens & Young Adults curriculum is an immersive “train-the-trainer” program that will equip participants with the tools, activities, and approach needed to support youth in their communities and enter adulthood financially strong. Learning financial management is essential on the path for healthy financial well-being and financially-empowering Native communities. As part of the popular Building Native Communities (BNC) financial education curriculum, this program is designed to help carry Native youths from novice to experts in money management.
This multi-day youth training will cover:
- An in-depth look at the workbooks for Building Native Communities: Financial Empowerment for Teens & Young Adults (instructor guide and the participant workbook)
- Comprehension of financial basics such as budgeting, credit management, and consumer awareness
- Proven education techniques, games and activities, and resources made friendly for youth
- Examples on how to connect fundamental Native values with mainstream financial culture
- Upon completion of the training, participants will be prepared to take the financial education curriculum and teachings back to their Tribal communities.