The MGP fosters microenterprise business development, support, and expansion. A microenterprise is a commercial enterprise with five or fewer employees, one or more of whom owns the enterprise. The program provides grants and other financial support for stabilizing and expanding microenterprises.
Funding Amount: Awards may be up to $5,000.
Examples of what funds may be used for:
- Professional services, including marketing and business promotion.
- Technological infrastructure and related upgrades
- Entrepreneurial training
- Operational expenses, including payroll, utilities, rent/mortgage (for commercial locations)
Examples of what funds may not be used for:
- Real property improvements or rehabilitation
- Political activities
- Utilities, rent/mortgage for residential or home-based business occupancies
- Repayment of existing debt
- Reimbursement of costs incurred before grant approval.
Business Eligibility Criteria:
A business owner/business may qualify for the Microenterprise Grant Program if they meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Business must be in the city limits of Lewiston.
- The business owner or 51% of the business’s employees, must meet low-to-moderate income (LMI) eligibility qualifications.
- Business must have five (5) or fewer total employees including the owner(s).
- Business must be a private, for-profit business.
- Business must be in good standing with the City, State, and Federal governments.
- Business must be established and operating for at least 6 months at the time of application.
When are Applications Due? The Microenterprise Grant Program is administered on a rolling basis with no fixed deadline for submission. Any applications received after all grant funding is expended will be placed on a waitlist if additional funding becomes available.
Questions? Any questions or concerns about the Microenterprise Grant Program can be directed to Melinda Rose at [email protected] or 208-798-2582.
Website: Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) | Lewiston, ID (cityoflewiston.org) (full URL: www.cityoflewiston.org/296/Community-Development-Block-Grant-CDBG)